Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rustico

My former office mate, who also has a friend who is celiac, told me about Rustico in Alexandria, VA a little while ago. My erstwhile GF-friendly BF accompanied me down out of town to check it out.

Rustico has a chickpea crust pizza that is fairly crispy, thick, and quite filling (even at my hungriest, no way I can eat more than half a pizza!). You can get a variety of toppings. What is even more fun, is that there are also gluten free beers so you can munch and sip and approximate ye olden days before your diagnosis...there are even several suggestions for the beers and the one I had was quite decent!

It is a fun destination for a mixed-company group (GF and non GF) as the ample menu has many other pizza options, plus burgers, a large beer selection, and a friendly, convivial atmosphere.

www.rusticorestaurant.com

No comments:

Post a Comment