Thursday, October 15, 2009

GF cereal option


It must be said that in the past four years I've really become a hot breakfast person. Earlier in life I was much enamored of cereals, but I eventually found that eating eggs in the morning kept me going longer, plus when diagnosed with celiac many of the egg accompaniments (and eggs themselves) are best enjoyed hot: potatoes, grits, GF toast, etc.

However, fast forward to this fall and trying to figure out how to feed myself in the morning whilst caring for a newborn! So I perused the local grocery aisle, looking vainly (at first) for a good GF cereal that was not a ginormous bag of corn flakes! Also, there are a number of wheat free cereals on the market that aren't gluten free...so those aren't an option for me either.

After some lurking and looking, I found this nice little box of Perky's Nutty Rice cereal. As promised, it does stay satisfyingly crisp to the end of the bowl. It reminds me of Rice Krispies, except this is a better, denser, more adult kind of version.

Check it out!

Perky's Nutty Rice cereal

http://www.perkysnaturalfoods.com/nuttycereals.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment