Sunday, December 6, 2009

Gf Baking: Macaroon, come home soon



I have loved almond macaroons (the non-coconut variety, thank you very much) ever since the first one I ate, way way before I had my celiac diagnosis. So this month I was eager to finally try the recipe for Almond Macaroons during the GF baking blitz that seems to be happening around the house. Plus, I finally had some good homemade Almond Paste to work with, which is a main ingredient in the recipe.

The dough is quick to put together; and it is true, a spare 12 cookies are the yield of the batter. I used up the last of my trusty parchment in the attempt. When making this again I would recommend taking the almond paste out of the fridge a few hours before you need it, as mine was a bit hard to work with from the cold.

The verdict was simple and unanimous on this one. I gave Chris a cookie as soon as they had cooled enough to remove. He ate it. He said, "more". There you go. "Best macaroon since Paris" I got. Hoo-ah!

This one's a keeper. (Again, thanks to Martha.)

Almond Macaroons

No comments:

Post a Comment